Friday, January 2, 2009

Purpose

So I have found a purpose for my blog. There is one main problem...I'm not sure if it is entire legal. I want to post portions of a series of published books that I am reading. I'm not sure if it is legal for me to copy these and in a sense, re-publish them. But I intend to give credit to the author, so I don't feel bad about it.

I am going to be posting portions of the written works of R.A. Salvatore, from his Legend of Drizzt series of books. Each of the books is broken up into 3-5 parts and each of these parts features a monologue by the primary character of the series Drizzt Do'Urden. While understanding his thoughts is impossible without understanding the context to each of them, there are some nuggets of worldly wisdom that I would love to have at my fingertips. Musings about life and love, the excerpts probably won't make much sense to most people, but I am doing this for me. I have started typing out the words from the book I borrowed from the library, but I want to start posting from the oldest book up to the most recent, so I won't be posting again for a week or so when I am back at school and I have all of the books at my fingertips once more.

3 comments: