Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sorry for the delay...

Okay, so I really do plan on posting some of the excerpts I was referring to. One of the reasons it is taking so long is because I am taking this time of mass typing to try and learn the Dvorak Implified Keyboard layout. While the standard keyboard setup used in America and throughout much of the world is the QWERTY layout (look at the keyboard in front of you), it is not the most efficient or healthy key placement for your fingers. It was found that by rearranging the keys on a keyboard, one can actually have a better keyboard layout for speed and ease of use. They say that if you were to type enough that our fingers traveled, say, 10 miles over the surface of your QWERTY keyobard, the same amount of typing would only necessitate a distance of 5 miles with the Dvorak keyboard. Why am I doing this? Mostly because I'm a nerd and I think it's fun. So yeah...it is like learning a new language. I have to reteach the muscles in my fingers to type under a new system. Soon I will be thoroughly confused in my attempts to interact with keyboards....

Anyway, here is a picture of the new keyboard layout I am using and a promise that I will get to this blog...eventually. I have been working on recording some of the stuff I will be posting. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment